Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Browsy Day

Much to Harley’s dismay, BGWLBH and I had an early start into The Bay this morning, which meant there was no play time with me.

BGWLBH had an early nail appointment so I sat myself at Su Jus Cafe and ordered a GF chicken and cheese crepe. Being the only customer sitting in the cafe, I thoroughly enjoyed my solitude for a bit over an hour.

We got some coffee beans for Adoring Husband, browsed through the lady’s boutique, Big W, the craft shop and found a newsagent for our lotto tickets.

We inspected the menus from a block of cafes and restaurants that we didn’t even know existed.

AH then frantically phoned hoping I was still in town to sign some paperwork with the financial advisor. That turned out to be a big waste of 40 minutes when they realised that there was nothing that required signing.

The weather was still oppressive.

We had to pick up some mail and do a mini shop locally.

Harley got to play this afternoon.

I crumbed some chicken for dinner.

Now it’s time to sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: