Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Oppressive Heat


When I hear your car pull in the driveway, I jump up and search for my baby or my ball. I wait for you at the back door, tail wagging.

I don’t surrender the ball because that is not the point. The point is that I’m so happy you’re home, I am celebrating your arrival with a toy, that I will keep.

I know that no matter how thankless or crappy or stressful your day has been, you can’t help but smile at the sight of me.

I can see your face and your body soften. I think you must be awfully stiff when you’re away from me.

You and my other people will take turns burying your faces in my fur, whispering things you don’t tell the others.

My fur has absorbed a lot of tears. And laughter.

I’m meant to be with you my whole life. I only wish it were longer.

I make everything better.

God sure was smart when he made me.

*****************************copied*****************************

Today was hot.

Oppressively hot.

It’s been so hot for so long, I don’t think it will ever cool down.

The forecast for rain seems to be very threatening with the prediction of unprecedented flooding all down the east coast of Australia pushing the river systems to a dangerous breaking point.

I hope it’s an exaggeration but there are a number of independent meteorologists who are pretty annoyed with our bureau of meteorology because they are not sharing this important information with Australians.

All we can do is wait and see.

This morning was the return of meditation for the new year and it was perfect with two newbies in the mix. It was followed by qigong which was even better. The good energy in the room was pretty magical and after an hour of gentle physical movement, we all floated out the door feeling rejuvenated.

I did some shopping afterwards and ran into a LOT of people who were up for a chat. I spent some quality time with the Shazzann sisters and then pedalled home in the hottest part of the day.

I had to lie down when I got home and felt I may have had a touch of heat stroke! With plenty of fluids and some electrolytes, I recovered quickly.

Dinner tonight was honeyed pear chicken Maryland with vegetables.

We played some trivia, watched some tennis and cricket and now it’s only 9.30pm but feels like midnight! I guess that means I need to sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: