Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

De-slobbed Myself

After today’s effort, it’s possible that I could open a jewellery store, just with my own personal stash!

It took me three hours to sort through my jewellery, polish some of the silver pieces, clean out the jewellery boxes, dust off my dressing table, polish my mirror and replace everything on the dressing table.





















I sorted the jewellery into three areas:

  1. Bin it!
  2. Sell as ‘pre-loved’.
  3. Keep.
I can’t tell you how horrific my dressing table was. I haven’t tidied or cleaned it for at least 18 months. 

There were MANY price tags from MANY items of clothing, scrunchies, pens, shopping lists, dockets and receipts, small ziplock bags, buttons, coins, essential oil bottles, empty perfume bottles, birthday cards, safety pins, sticky tape, notebooks, scissors, pegs, camera batteries, SD cards, ribbons, photos and more.

Yes. I am quite the slob. It’s my bedroom and nobody else enters it, except Harley, and he doesn’t care what it looks like.

My fingers and hands are SO sore! I think it’s from polishing the silver and the silver jewellery box. I used bits of my body that haven’t been used for quite some time. I think I’ll sleep well tonight.

The red leather jewellery box that I have, is broken and won’t close properly anymore. It was a gift from AH 20 yrs ago so it has served me well.

This is one that I’d like to replace it …



I love the colour!

I played with Harley before and after the jewellery/dressing table debacle. 

AH cooked snags on the new barbecue and I made the mash, beans, carrots and home made leek and tomato gravy to go with them.

We played trivia.

I cleared the area in my art space for the solar panel guys to reach the inverter when they instal the new solar panels tomorrow.

BGWLBH and I are escaping to The Bay so AH will be in charge.

Meanwhile I’m ready to sleep now.

Nite all.

No comments: