Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Top Tuesday

It was difficult to leave my bed this morning but I timed it very well and squeezed in a shower, got dressed, added make up, filled my water bottle, counted the correct money out, grabbed my phone, sunglasses and hat, pedalled off on my trike and arrived 3 minutes before meditation commenced.

The hour passed very quickly!

I followed that with hoopqigongxercise which was pretty intense.

Because I’d had a whole class for myself last week, I was well practiced and had perfected most of the moves so I was basically doing my thing in the corner while The Gypsy instructed the newbies.

There was lots of laughter, accidental dropping and tossing of hoops, losing balance and all sense of direction. We all had fun, but I may have overdone it.

I stopped at the shops before returning to an empty house (except for Harley).

BGWLBH and Adoring Husband had driven into The Bay because AH needed to have a BCC surgically removed from his face. The procedure went well. He has a patch under his eye and is taking Panadol for pain relief.

It was a peaceful few hours on my own. I washed the couch cover and replaced with fresh covers, cooked myself some lunch, played with Harley and watched some TV.

Since AH was a little under the weather, I decided on home made hamburgers for dinner.

We all played trivia for an hour and I watched The Voice.

I quite enjoyed this day.







Nite all.

No comments: