Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 29, 2024

All Panelled Up

Had 16 solar panels removed from our roof and replaced with 24 brand newies today. New inverter installed as well and looking forward to seeing a huge reduction in our power bills.

BGWLBH and I spent the day in The Bay to avoid the noise and commotion of the installation.

We had breakfast at Bayaroma on the esplanade, which was delicious. I had French toast with bacon and maple syrup accompanied by a green smoothie. BGWLBH had poached egg and bacon with a pot of tea..

The food was great, the service was friendly and fast and the price was reasonable.

We drove all over town completing our ‘to do’ list and then had to stretch our day further because a broken solar panel meant the workers had to drive into the bay for a replacement and also meant the work was taking longer than planned.

It was a pretty tiring day and I’m looking forward to a nothing day tomorrow.

It’s after 11pm and I’d like to sleep now.






Nite all.

No comments: