Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 30, 2024

Electrifying

We had the electricians here for quite some time today.

We needed to replace a kitchen light that was flickering. AH decided we needed an extra fluoro light outside - even though we don’t go outside after dark - and we had a couple of power points that were tripping out the power, so the electricians isolated them and we sorted out the problem.

An extension cord and two power boards had to be replaced.

$500+ thank you very much.

I was awake at 5am watching some Aussies play in the US Open tennis. Our winners were O’Connell, Thompson and De Minaur. Djokovic plays one of our Aussies, Popyrin, tomorrow morning.

So I’m feeling pretty weary at only 8.30pm tonight.

I crumbed some fresh snapper fillets for my breakfast this morning. Delicious.

Adoring Husband cooked up some very spicy chicken wings that left our mouths burning for quite some time after we’d eaten them. He didn’t seem to be affected by the heat - no sense, no feeling, so they say!

I spent almost two hours under the Bali hut while the sparkies were here. There was a lovely cool breeze and Harley got some extra play time so it wasn’t unpleasant.

I messaged Bubbles about her new job which seems to be going well.

Received a gorgeous pic of little Hazie …

I received snail mail from Chicklet! THAT was pretty exciting!

Nothing else happened.

Time to sleep in preparation of more tennis tomorrow!






Nite all.

No comments: