Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 25, 2024

Mini Retreat

Our retreat of 12 women suddenly reduced to 5, so it was canned.

It was decided that Heart of Gold, The Gypsy and I would enjoy a mini retreat, just the three of us.

Before lunch, we drew three cards.

My first card simply said “MOVE - just keep dancing”

The second card was from a hummingbird pack and was “Powerful Warrior”. It told me ‘Do not feel small. You are stronger, braver and more valued than you know. It’s time to tap into your true source of power.’

My third card was this …



We enjoyed a vegan lasagne for lunch. I can’t tell you how delicious and flavourful that lasagne was! I know right!?!? VEGAN!

I provided dessert of berries with chocolate mousse. The choc mousse was 2 x avocados, 1/4 cup of cacao powder, 1/3 cup maple syrup, 1/2 cup of coconut cream and a pinch of salt all blended in the blender. Rich and delicious.

After lunch we continued our retreat exercises.

List 10 things that you’re grateful for:

  1. Barry
  2. Heather
  3. Annemarie
  4. Juniper and Hazel
  5. My bed
  6. Cool breezes
  7. Harley
  8. My pool area
  9. My senses
  10. The colour yellow
Ten of my Specialities:

  1. I’m creative
  2. I’m kind
  3. I’m resilient
  4. I’m discerning
  5. I’m loving
  6. I’m courageous
  7. I’m flexible
  8. I’m mindful
  9. I’m tolerant
  10. I’m grateful
Ten of my skills:

  1. Cooking
  2. Art
  3. Dog training
  4. Creativity
  5. Photography
  6. Writing
  7. Guiding
  8. Swimming
  9. Teaching
  10. Researching
Try it for yourself. It’s one of the hardest things to do. Listing positive things about yourself.

To start off, we had to help each other.

We are so worried about appearing to be arrogant, self centred and egotistical, but it’s important to practice self love, acknowledge and recognise our gifts, powers, values and skills and be proud of them!

As relaxing and inspiring as the day was, it was also exhausting and draining. I arrived home at 4pm and did nothing.

Adoring Husband cooked dinner and BGWLBH made salads. I didn’t eat.

Now, I’m ready to sleep. Soundly I hope.





Nite all.

No comments: