Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 8, 2024

Typical!

Adoring Husband removed the old furniture from the pool area today and then pressure washed the pebblecrete, ready for the new furniture to arrive tomorrow.

I unwrapped the swinging egg chair (which was a task in itself) only to discover that the warehouse had not provided the hook, chain and bolts for construction! This sort of thing always happens to AH - typical!

After a quick phone call, AH very generously offered to drive all the way into The Bay to pick up the box of necessities. Personally, I think that they should have brought them out to us! AH needed to purchase our new fire extinguishers and fire blankets, so the trip into town served a double purpose.

While he was gone, I started editing some of the photos from Bambooland …




I have used my camera twice in the last 4 yrs and I have to say that it’s NOT like riding a bike. It was difficult trying to remember how to use/change the settings effectively. Some pics were pretty bad and there were very few great shots.

I’m only a quarter of the way through editing - that’s the other thing I’m struggling with, and both of the editing programs that I use have had some big changes in that time so it’s a learning process all over again.

When AH returned from The Bay, we put the egg chair together and I sat in it for 45 minutes throwing the ball for Harley.

Dinner was very early today and I called out the familiar “Dinner is served” at 4.50pm!

Nachos and taco wraps.

I heated up some leftover lasagne from the freezer which took an hour to reheat!

Number One Son called and we chatted for 40 minutes before the rest of us played trivia for an hour.

I can’t believe it’s almost 11pm. Time to sleep.








I disagree with the first one - I don’t think we should eat less meat - I think meat is important for brain health - everything in moderation.

Nite all.

No comments: