Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 5, 2024

Products of our Generation

Aging looks good on anyone who believes that it does.

It’s an inner light kind of deal.

It shines through skin, bone, muscle and sinew - bathing everything you see in a luminous glow of peace, acceptance and utter loveliness.

It’s some sort of chemical reaction when self-love (at last) meets Mother Nature.

Then wisdom and hindsight all join together too and cast their magic -

until what you see is a woman who has evolved, grown, learned and risen many many times.

And it’s a beautiful sight to behold.

So, age however you like because if something is not making you happy, that will show.

Time can’t erase your beauty my friend, only negativity can do that.

- Donna Ashworth

J of Inveterate Travellers - age looks good on you! (FYI the above pic is NOT J)

We enjoyed a LONG lunch with Best Cousin in the World, Marco Polo and the Inveterate Travellers at Aquavue today.

The company was pretty much the only good thing about the day.

The food was ‘ok’.

The service was very slow.

We ordered one after the other, in couples, and our meals arrived 15-20 minutes apart. In fact J had to go ask where their meals were when the rest of us were finished ours!

When I asked for sugar for our tea and coffee, we were given a silver jug of ‘sugar water’ which they explained was sugar and water mixed by them. Why?

😳

I took it back and they found a container of raw sugar under the counter.

Because we were enjoying the company, The Inveterate Travellers, Adoring Husband and I decided to remain at our table after BCITW and MP had to leave and we girls ordered $17 cocktails while the boys had coffee.

I’m pretty sure it was after 2.30pm when we all agreed it was time to move on. Warm hugs and fond farewells followed and I have to say that I enjoyed the day very much.

Thank you J & P Inveterate Travellers and of course, BCITW and MP.

One problem. Young people take selfies and group pics to commemorate these occasions - we oldies don’t even think of doing that until 2 hours after the event and we have no evidence of our wonderful lunch.

We are products of our generation.

🫤

Before we went to lunch, AH and I did a run through all of the furniture shops in town to find an egg chair, and this is the one we eventually selected …

After lunch, we returned to our selected chair, paid for it, and drove across town to pick it up from the warehouse.

We also did a shop at Go Natural and picked up some delicious organic goodies including roasted capsicum relish, fermented garlic paste, duck fat, GF beef pies, chilli tuna and more.

Oh and a new toaster because our old one only works on one side.

Now it’s time to sleep because tomorrow is meditation and if the weather permits, that elusive photo shoot that we’ve been trying for since last week.








Nite all.

No comments: