Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Post Trauma

Adoring Husband conducted the necessary post-mortem on our barbecue today.

He was hoping that a good clean with the karcher pressure washer would bring it back good as new.

Sadly, it was not the case and he found that the metal frame had warped so much in the heat of the fire, that the metal hot plate trays no longer slot into their spots.

So not only is AH suffering PTSD, but the barbecue is suffering unrepairable PTSD and 3rd degree burns to 75% of its body.

For now, we have a second barbecue which we store in the pool area. We use it in Spring and Summer to cook breakfast which we enjoy under the Bali hut. It’s a bit smaller than the dead one but will do until we decide whether we need a replacement.

AH has also decided that we not only have to replace our kitchen fire extinguisher (which he used yesterday), but we need a second one dedicated to our barbecue area. The same goes for the fire blanket.

I went to The Bay with BGWLBH today, so I didn’t get to edit the photos.

Before we arrived home, Burrum Heads was hit with a good heavy downpour, which we could see from Hervey Bay so our safest bet was to drive halfway home, then park at Craignish shopping centre until the storm passed. It took about 25 minutes.

We enjoyed home made hamburgers for dinner and then an hour of trivia.

The rest of the evening has been Olympic viewing.

I’m feeling pretty weary tonight.




Nite all.

No comments: