Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 10, 2024

Kitchen Tactics

After our morning play in the rain, I gave Harley his treat and found my way into the kitchen.

I had 4 litres of chicken stock to batch up and freeze and a second batch to get started.

Then I decided to beat the kitchen rush for “fend for yourself” night and made myself some puff pastry pies.

The filling was made with chicken, garlic, celery, capsicum, shallots, some leftover mashed potato, mushrooms, home made cream of cauliflower soup, butter, salt, pepper, baby spinach and tapioca flour.

I ate one for lunch and two thirds of one for dinner. I still have one left over for tomorrow. Delicious!

BGWLBH made minestrone for her dinner. Minestrone is one of my most disliked foods - and she knows that - but was offended when I didn’t thank her for offering it to me.

“Thank you so much for offering me food that I strongly dislike AND thank you too for being offended when I screwed my nose up AND thank you also for trying to make me feel guilty for not thanking you for your offer of food that I dislike.”

I’ll be sure to offer you some cauliflower and Brussels sprouts in the near future.

Adoring Husband cooked himself some Barkers Creek pork cutlets on the barbecue and made mash and beans to go with it.

So the kitchen got a good workout today!

Of course it’s Super Saturday night for football so we parked our butts in front of the TV. So far, I have 4 out of 6 tips correct, with two more games tomorrow. I have actually lifted myself from last position to 2nd last! Woot Woot!

I forgot to take a pic of our new outdoor furniture. Must do that tomorrow.

We had some good rain overnight and this morning. It seems to have cleared now, but the forecast is for around 100mm over the next week. We shall see!

Time for sleep now.









Nite all.

No comments: