Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Woopsie

It was a very small class for meditation with just five happy souls in attendance this morning.

Unfortunately, the gardener arrived right on 8am and found it the perfect time to mow, blow and vacuum directly under our window.

It was good for us to practice remaining calm in a usually frustrating situation and to meditate no matter what the circumstances.

It was, however, difficult to hear The Gypsy through a lot of the class.

After a brief chat among the individuals of the group, The Gypsy and I drove out to Bambooland for our photoshoot.

We avoided the beach because it was a dull overcast day and beaches are very grey and gloomy on days like today. The low light was much better for lush green surroundings.

Coffee and a chat was first priority. After about 30 minutes we found a few nice spots to grab some pics and we spent about 40 minutes clicking away.

I was home before midday.

I have prepared the photos for editing and if I get a chance to sit down with them tomorrow, hopefully I can share some here.

Adoring Husband cooked some snags on the barbecue for my lunch and forgot to turn it off, causing a fat fire in the drip tray.

The only reason he found it before it caused more damage was because our ‘life saver’ Harley pushed his way through the sliding doors into the house and came to the doggy gate that blocks the lounge room. AH got out of his lounge chair to go talk to Harley and noticed the flames through the window!

He didn’t say anything to me but moments later he screams out to me “Get the fire blanket!”

I yelled back “Where is it!?!?”

He replies “I don’t know!” 😳😳😳

Luckily, I remembered that I’d seen it on the floor beside the fridge in the cavity so I grabbed it and raced it out to him. He had tried the fire extinguisher which was ineffective so we covered the barbecue with the blanket but even that was taking its sweet time to reduce the size of the flames.

A slow release of water from the hose seemed to do the trick.

By then AH, realising the gravity of what could have been, had a bit of a breakdown.

My advice to him was to not waste energy panicking over what might have happened - because it didn’t! He should be happy that nothing happened and he was able to get the fire under control!

We all survived and Harley got a treat for inadvertently bringing it to our attention.

Sadly, the barbecue is not in good shape, so I had to cook the snags in our kitchen at dinner time. Bangers, mash, beans, carrots and tomato/onion gravy from scratch.

We played trivia for an hour before getting our Olympics fix.

I think I’ll sleep well tonight.




Nite all.

No comments: