Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

New Lens

Well, we packed the car with our golf gear and set off, fingers crossed, for a clear drive to golf and with high hopes of a reasonably dry course.

One hundred metres out of town and part of the road was covered in water.  Another hundred metres and more road covered by water.

We looked at each other and said "If it's bad here, it's always much worse nearing Howard.  Let's turn around and give golf a miss this week."

Disappointing.

So after unloading the golf gear, I hopped on my trike and headed off to the bakery for my cuppa.  The baker comes from Howard.  The Baker's wife told me that the road was completely clear except for the two spots coming into town.  Ugh!

Ah well.  Doesn't matter.  The tide was high, the sun was shining, the river was a hive of activity with boaters off to chase Whiting, the birds were singing and the boys at the Seat of Knowledge were in fine form.

On our way home, I received a phone call from Adoring Husband to tell me that my new Canon lens had arrived, so I rushed home to take possession of my wonderful new toy!

My first photo taken with the new lens was of Psychotic Jack ...


Adoring Husband had some chores to do in The Bay, so BGWLBH and I took the opportunity to go fishing on the low tide out on the sand flats.

Of course, I took my camera with me to test out the new lens.



BGWLBH caught a LOT of whiting.  Only one of them was big enough to take home, and even though we strongly considered feeding him to the Eagle, we decided to set him free before we came home.

It was a full moon evening.  5pm the moon was going to rise, so we all headed down to the river.  BGWLBH walking and Adoring Husband and I driving.



The moon was certainly a spectacle to behold!

We have the Chicklet family coming for lunch tomorrow.  Right now, it's heading fast towards 1am, so I'd best get some sleep so that I can play with my baby without dark tired circles under my eyes!

I'll have to attempt some Chicklet shots with my new lens too!

Nite all.

No comments: