Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 130 in a Year of my Life

The power of social media!

After I posted my photo of Youi's gift to us onto my facebook wall, as well as onto Youi's, the following happened;

Vegan Chickie posted the umbrella debacle onto her personal facebook page, and her business page and also onto her Twitter streams and created a domino effect as friends and family of friends and family continued to 'share', 'like' and 'comment' throughout the rest of the day and night.

Many of my friends and family shared the photo with their friends and family too.

She and many others voiced their disgust and disappointment at Youi's disregard and slow action on our insurance claim after the tornado damage almost 6 weeks ago.

She tweeted them approximately 30 times and often used their own slogan ('We Get You') to get their attention eg

Youi.  We get you - to pay your premiums and then we leave you in a broken house without power for 5 weeks.

Youi.  We get you - an umbrella, to make up for the giant hole in your house that we haven't approved repairs on.

Lots of other people tweeted too.

Today we have SUCCESS!

Youi phoned us late this afternoon to advise that they had approved (our preferred) builder to commence the repairs.

Now we wait for the contract to be delivered so that we can sign off and hopefully the repairs will commence SOON.

Today is a good day!

Thank you to Vegan Chickie for her persistence and for keeping the momentum going for as long (or as short) as it took.

Thank you to everybody who took the photo and shared it on their page and made appropriate (and sometimes inappropriate) comments that helped put the pressure on.

I believe that it was this pressure that made Youi put a priority on our claim.

Another win for me today ... was Adoring Husband's follow up to yesterday's delicious lunch!


I could get used to this!

Today, I am grateful for a day full of positives!  It was so nice to see a happy, genuine smile on Adoring Husband's face when he received the good news from Youi.  It was a nice feeling inside for me too.

Nite all.

No comments: