Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 8, 2013

Day 132 in a Year of my Life

Had the Youi assessor here again today, going through our list of contents that need to be replaced.

Then we got a phone call from the builder to say that a 'container' will be dropped at our house on Monday for us to store our furniture and belongings in, while the house is repaired.

It's all happening!

In the mail this morning, was my new Photoshop CS6 (a photo editing program).

Without reading any instructions, I loaded it onto my computer and began to play with an old photo.

It's much more difficult than I thought and it's very different to Photoshop Elements, which I was using sometimes.

Here is my first, very amateurish, very poor attempt at creating something different with photoshop.


Now that I have that out of my system, I will wade through the Photoshop Guidebook tomorrow and learn how to use it properly.

The next time I post a photo here, I hope that it will be something more impressive, that makes you go 'Oooh  Aaah  Wow'.

Today, I am grateful for the 2013 NRL football season, which started this week.  We love our football!  Even though Adoring Husband's team is having some major problems right now, I'm sure things will calm down and it will all work out in the end.  Chin up darling.

Nite all.

No comments: