Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 129 in a Year of my Life

Well, we are still no closer to a start on our house, however, Youi (the insurance company) are showing a bit more of an interest and we actually had two phone calls from them today.

They apologised for the umbrella debacle and have passed our concerns on to their marketing team.

Apparently, they are waiting on a couple of tenders - from people who haven't actually seen our house or the damage, but who have looked at the Scope of Works online.

They did say "things should be moving along soon".

We will see.

I have a pretty good team behind me now and Youi should be very vigilant about this case, because we are not going away!

Adoring Husband and I made a decision recently, that we would start having our main meal at lunch time, because it's too difficult to cook and clean up by lamp light at night.

This is the result of Adoring Husbands first attempt at a cooked lunch (remembering that we only have one gas hotplate and the barbecue) ...


Let me state that the Pea Puree was pure heaven!  The whole meal was delicious and I am now a bit excited about what will be on offer in the coming weeks :D

Lastly for today, The Nikonian posted this on my facebook wall a couple of days ago and I love it sooooo much.  I feel emotional every time I look at it.


I'd love it poster sized and framed on my wall in my work area, when it's rebuilt.  Sounds like a plan :)

Today I am grateful for cooked lunches as main meals lol ... especially when they are cooked and presented with love by Adoring Husband!

Nite all.

No comments: