Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 131 in a Year of my Life

Trevor said 'sorry' today.

Trevor is from Youi (the insurance company).

Trevor said that he had been monitoring facebook and Twitter for the last couple of days and that he had read all of the comments from our friends and families and watched as each of them shared our story.

Trevor said that he, and Youi felt very embarrassed.

Trevor acknowledged that the gift of an umbrella, though well intended, taking our circumstances into consideration, it was a poor choice and he offered his sincerest apologies for upsetting us.

Trevor promised to phone our builder to make sure he contacted us as quickly as possible and so that our repairs could commence as soon as possible.

Trevor did exactly that and about fifteen minutes later, we received a call from our builder.  Not long after that, our contract was was faxed to us, Adoring Husband read it, we added some variations, signed it and faxed it back.

They begin our repairs on 21st March (I wish it was sooner) and they will take 45 - 65 days to complete depending on weather delays.

So, for this point, it's a win for us, but I will not rest on my laurels - there is still a long way to go!

I found another sunflower and will take photos as it opens.


Also, this morning, I was pretty chuffed when one of my boys brought a medal to the temporary Seat of Knowledge.  A medal that he received for running the Olympic torch for one mile in Cairns back in 1956 in the lead up to the Melbourne Olympics.


What a great memory to have, and this man is not one to talk too much about himself.  He is quite a private man, so for him to share this, is pretty special.

Today, I am grateful for modern technology and the social media.  Used the in right way, positive outcomes can be much quicker than any other means available to us in the past, except maybe the television and those horrid current affairs shows if they thought there was a good story in it.

We, the little people, stand half a chance now :D

Nite all.  

No comments: