Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 186 in a Year of my Life

Well ... another big day!

Our trip took about thirty minutes longer than usual, due to many, many road works along the way.  The trip is going to be a breeze when the roads have improved with more passing lanes.

The Specialist in Bundaberg was able to confirm that Adoring Husband's Parkinsons hasn't deteriorated in the last 3 months, which, I guess, is a good sign.  We travelled a long way and paid him a lot of money to give us that little jewel!

Anyway, we had a lovely lunch at Brother's Sports Club and they had some good gluten free options.  My choice was Atlantic Salmon with prawns and a glazed honey dressing.  Delicious!

Adoring Husband ate half a cow!

We visited Spotlight to replace all of my jewellery making tools that I lost when the tornado hit, and then tried to find an oddly sized chest of drawers for AH.  Most chests of drawers are one of three standard sizes - none of which are good for his requirements.

He may have to use his ingenius brain and excellent cabinet making skills to create his own masterpiece!

We arrived home safe n sound late this afternoon and discovered that our male psychotic dog is still feeling a little off.  I think we'll take him to the vet tomorrow to have him checked.  He hasn't been himself for about a week now and I must admit that even 'I' am feeling a little concerned.

There was no chance for photography today, so here is a shot that I took while Bubbles was here.

If I get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight, I may even wake up early enough for a sunrise ... we all know how successful my sunrise plans usually are!  However .. it is now 7pm and I am signing off.  Surely that's a good sign!

Nite all.

No comments: