Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 182 in a Year of my Life

This is a photo that Bubbles took while in Hervey Bay.  This is her original shot ...


This is after I edited it...


The bees were having a fine time in my passionfruit vine this afternoon, so Bubbles and I spent some time trying to get shots with multiple bees in them ...


Sadly, Bubbles returns to Sydney tomorrow, but she now takes possession of my old Sony camera, so I hope she is motivated and enthusiastic enough to get out there and take all sorts of photos.

Practise, practise, practise is the key to improvement!

I found this photo floating around facebook - if you're a camera buff at all, you might find it interesting.

Well, it's been a very pleasant and relaxing day.

Bubbles and I went to the park by the river to try for a sunset shot this afternoon.  It was a bit of a fizzer, but we got some interesting shots anyway.  I'll download them tomorrow and choose which ones to share in here tomorrow night.

My NRL and AFL teams both won their games tonight.  Bubbles and I had an easy dinner and watched Breaking Dawn Part II on the big screen.  Then we packed her suitcase.  She is, surprisingly, only 1kg over the weight limit!

We might even try for a sunrise shot tomorrow morning!  Now, getting Bubbles out of bed for a sunrise???  THAT would be a miracle!

Today, I am grateful for a nice relaxing final day to Bubbles' holiday.  I will be sad to see her go, but I have really loved having her here.  The time just went too quickly.

Nite all.

No comments: