Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 187 in a Year of my Life

Three whole months after the tornado, Adoring Husband brought all of my jewellery making paraphernalia in from the container, for me to sort, clean, clear, dispose of and/or store in my new work area.

Sadly, one whole large box of it had to be disposed of due to water damage - rust, mould, swelling, staining etc.

There was JUST enough room to store the remainder in my work area!  Whew!

That job took about 6 hours!  I'm so glad that it's done.

I did wake early this morning - before the alarm even went off - hoping for a sunrise to photograph, but there was not a cloud in the sky and no colour to speak of.  I decided to save myself for a prettier morning .. perhaps it will be tomorrow morning?!

Another photo from the Bubbles collection ...


and this gave me a bit of a giggle today...


Ten minutes to midnight - best hit the hay!  Last but not least is a photo from the Vegan Chickie collection ...


How cute is that???

Today I am grateful to be yet another step closer to normality.

Nite all.

No comments: