Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 188 in a Year of my Life

While I was taking photos on the beach, a local gentleman riding a scooter, came looking for me to tell me about some kangaroos fighting on the edge of the national park near where he lives.

Apparently, there were originally eight fighting bucks, but by the time I arrived there were only four left and only two of them were fighting.





They were huge and I estimate that the biggest ones were about 8 feet tall when they were standing upright.

I kept a safe distance.  I've seen the sort of damage that an angry buck can do to a person, so I wasn't going to take any risks.

These guys were very close to where I almost stood on the Red Belly Black snake last week, so I was being doubly cautious.

I've got a big day planned for tomorrow and after two glasses of wine tonight, I am feeling decidedly weary, so I'm off to get some beauty sleep.

Today, I am grateful for locals who come to find me when they see something that they think is worthy of photographing.  50% of the time, it's definitely worth following up!

Nite all.

No comments: