Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Blood Red .. or not

Bombarded all day long.

The radio. The television. Conversations between strangers.

A lunar eclipse.

Tonight, the moon would turn blood red as the eclipse reached it's peak. It promised to be a spectacular sight as the sun, the earth and the moon became perfectly aligned.

So Adoring Husband kept watch and as the moon began to change, I set my tripod up outside and began taking photos.

Very soon, the scattered cloud floated across the sky and the moon decided to hide for longer and longer periods of time. Every so often there would be a brief clear patch of sky and I would hurriedly take a couple more shots.

In the end, the clouds won and this is the best I could do.


Quite disappointing really. Certainly NOT blood red, as they promised. Less than spectacular.

There have been quite a few photos of tonight's moon posted on facebook and some of them are brilliant red and orange .. obviously tweaked with some extra saturated colour during editing.

There have also been lots of complaints about thick cloud cover over Cooktown to the north, and on the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane to the south, so there are quite a few disappointed photographers scattered about the place.

Meanwhile, today, Adoring Husband and I spent a good part of the day in The Bay researching blenders, food processors and discussing the pros and cons of the Thermomix.

We had a delicious lunch at Aquavue and then popped in to the Go Natural Health food store, where I found a copy of a book that I've been wanting for some time. Now the I have it permanently in my hot little hands, I will be sharing snippets from it here in future posts.

I know you'll love it :)

While we were out, I got phone calls from Number One Son AND Vegan Chickie!

Number One Son is moving to Adelaide next week to start a new exciting and challenging job.

Vegan Chickie and Chicklet have been getting to know the families in their new neighbourhood, which, by the sounds of it, has also been exciting and challenging!

We bought a ticket to win $40 million in Thursday night's Powerball .. stay posted for THAT one!

A visit to Adoring Husband's Dr, who called me AH's 'Bodyguard'.

I admit that I like that title and I can also tell that the doctor struggles to do the right thing when I'm present .. AH left with only one prescription for his usual Parkinson's medication and for a change, no other prescriptions, although the doctor did attempt to issue more.

*sigh*

It's now after midnight and my eyelids are feeling a touch heavy, so ...

Nite all.

No comments: