Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Suffer it out.

(Midday) Day 2 without coffee .. ugh!

Last year, I lived for 7 months without coffee. Then, slowly, I worked my up from one coffee a week to 4 coffees each week to 7 coffees per week, until eventually I was drinking 2-3 coffees each day!

I am suffering from withdrawals today. Very similar to nicotine withdrawals with my throat feeling tight, headaches, tension in my neck and really struggling to focus on anything for long periods, which really sucks for my studying!

I'm hoping that this won't last for more than a couple of days because I was getting into a nice routine at my desk.

I even had to go lie on the bed about mid morning for about half an hour.

Perhaps I should just spend the day watching some more episodes of Ally McBeal while the caffeine is released from system.

I'm drinking lots of water, which is great because it's another very hot day (in a very long line of hot humid days), enjoying the air conditioner and feeling so sorry for those who don't have that luxury. There must be so many elderly people out there who are struggling with this weather!

(10pm) The day has been a struggle with my caffeine withdrawals. I couldn't focus on my studies at all, so I gave up and watched the tennis in between cooking meals.

Breakfast - Bacon, eggs, tomato and avocado.
Lunch - Home made chicken soup.
Dinner - Chicken breast crumbed with crushed almonds and Slaw in home made aioli chervil dressing.

I hope that after a good night's sleep, my symptoms will have eased considerably and I can get back into my normal routine.

If I want a good night's sleep, I should end here and make my way into the bedroom.

Nite all.


No comments: