Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Woe is Me!

Day 3 without coffee.

GROOOOOAAAANNNNN ...

Here are the symptoms of caffeine withdrawal (I have the ones with the ticks):

  • Headaches ✓
  • Joint pain ✓
  • Brain fog ✓
  • Nausea ✓
  • Negative mood ✓
  • Insomnia ✓
  • Lethargy ✓
  • Constipation
  • Sleepiness
  • Flu-like symptoms
  • Vomiting
These symptoms can last from 2 - 5 days.

To prevent caffeine withdrawal (apparently) you should reduce your caffeine intake by 10% every week or two. If I had taken that road, my 10 week Paleo Way program would have been over by the time I finally quit coffee!

Anyway, I know that it will be over soon and I will feel better for it.

The other thing that has caused me no end of pain ... the supposedly gentle exercises!

I have muscles where I forgot there were muscles! Rolling over in bed now, is even more difficult that when I was 9 months pregnant! Oh the pain! It hurts to cough. It hurts to sneeze. It hurts to get up out of my chair.

The exercises really are gentle, but they work muscles that have been lying dormant for quite a few years. I hope this means that I will be looking toned and trim by the end of the ten weeks!

Anyway, this evening, my head is feeling a little clearer, so HOPEFULLY, tomorrow will be the day to get back on the study treadmill!!

Nite all.

No comments: