Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 30, 2015

I'm Over It!

My caffeine withdrawals are gone!

I'm over it!

Yay!

Today was a GOOD day and I got plenty of study done and plenty of cooking done. I made chicken and coriander meatballs with avocado and mango salsa for lunch.

For dinner, I put some lamb shanks in the slow cooker with sweet potato, onions, mushrooms, tomato and heaps of garlic. I used my chicken stock for the base and added some of my spicy sriracha sauce, pink salt and cracked pepper.

It was ready when I returned home from the club and I served it with green beans. It was delicious!

Thank goodness I checked Facebook tonight, because I was reminded of an event that I'm attending on Sunday, which I had forgotten all about!  It's called 'Get a Fresh Start' and is being held at "The Sticky Fig Gallery Cafe" in The Bay.


Here is the link to more information and where you can either buy a ticket to attend OR contact the cafe to find out more.

I'm looking forward to attending this and I think that I will learn a lot!

This means that I have to do some very intense study tomorrow and hopefully finish my essay - before 2pm because I have to attend a day time party.

My caffeine withdrawals have put me a bit further behind than I wanted - especially because I'm going away next Sunday for a week, and I have a lot to get done between now and then!

Time to dig my old friend 'time management' out of the archives.

Nite all.

 

No comments: