Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Ya Win Some ...

... ya lose some.

What a big day of competition!

While I studied today, Adoring Husband planted himself on the recliner chair in the lounge room and watched the NRL Auckland Nines all day. Luckily for him, his team (Cronulla Sharks) did very well (for a change), so he was a happy man. The competition continues tomorrow.

Next was the Women's final of the Australian Open Tennis Championships. Serena Williams defeated Maria Sharapova in two sets.

Australia defeated South Korea 2-1 in the final of the Asian Cup.

The Queensland elections were held today and Kate Jones won the seat of Ashgrove from Campbell Newman (who was Queensland Premier until tonight) and it looks like Labor with Anastasia Palaszczuk leading them, is now in power .. although there are some close seats yet to have a result .. so the result is touch and go.

I still haven't finished my Chemistry essay. I'm struggling a bit with the last part of it and I had to make my apologies to the party that I was going to attend this afternoon and spent the two hours trying to make sense of some information that I needed to add to my essay. Tomorrow, I am attending a seminar in The Bay, so I will be filling Monday with intense study hoping, once again, to finally finish this horrible thing!

There is still so much more to learn before 6th March when I have two exams due! Argh! & Ugh!

I'm really looking forward to the seminar tomorrow and now Woman Of Many Talents is coming too!

I'll tell you all about it tomorrow :)



Nite all.



  

No comments: