Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 29, 2015

There is Light!

Day 4 without coffee.

I see a light at the end of the tunnel! After 3 1/2 days with a constant headache, I finally relented and took a panadol just before lunch today.

Thankfully, the headache has not returned. I did require a power nap this afternoon for just 20 minutes, but I felt so much better upon waking.

I expect tomorrow to be a good day! Back to normal :)

Today, Adoring Husband and I took Ruby (psychotic dog number 2) to a different vet about her digestive issues. The vet (Ingrid) was a young woman in her thirties who was more than happy to spend as much time as necessary listening to our story, examining Ruby, making her suggestions, answering my questions and spent more than 30 minutes with us.

We were charged just $50 for the visit. She wrote out the name of a solution that we needed to buy from the chemist (because she didn't have any in the surgery to give us). That solution only cost $9. I don't think we've ever left the other vet in The Bay for less than $145 and the different vets that we saw never spent more than 15 minutes with us. I was never satisfied with the service.

So we now have a new vet for our psychotic dogs. Yay!

Now I'm watching one of my favourite movies "It Could Happen to You" with Nicolas Cage and Bridget Fonda. I can't believe it's been 21 years since it was released! Some things really have a way of making a person feel old!

So I shall love you and leave you for now.

Nite all.




No comments: