Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Totally Clueless

I had a good time at the Murder Mystery night at the club.

I wish I'd taken my reading glasses because there was a bit of reading to do and the slips of paper were small with tiny print, which is very difficult to read in low light, let alone without glasses!

This was my first Murder Mystery night, so I had no idea what to expect. Everyone at our table were a little confused by the whole thing.

Here is what I figured out by the end of the evening...

  1. It's important to mingle with as many people as possible (there were 50 guests!)
  2. Ask lots of questions and listen carefully to the answers.
  3. Go to the website and study the main characters before the event.
  4. Take notice of the one piece of information that EVERYBODY is sharing.
  5. It's very easy to be distracted.
  6. It's very easy to get confused.
  7. Take your reading glasses .. you will be reading clues and questions and people's name tags all night.
Everybody made a fantastic effort to dress up as the characters that they were assigned. I think I was the most boring character - Gigi Opal, a homemaker married to a football star who is never home and mother to 5 children. My costume (if you can call it that) was jeans, a top and a matching head band.

There was a Doctor, a pharmacist, a mayor, a movie star, a tennis player, a comedian, a food stylist, a baker, TV producer, personal chef, hitman, lunatic, police officer, real estate agent, florist, a pilot, a marathon runner, a travel agent, a lumberjack, a teacher, a roller skating rink owner, a model, a librarian and the list goes on and on. Everybody dressed accordingly and had props to match.

Happy Harry and Lady Lynn looked absolutely amazing and totally looked like their characters - the 'food stylist' and the 'florist'. In fact if they were giving out prizes for best dressed, I'd have given it to Lady Lynn. Happy Harry's hair was pretty great too .. it deserves a special mention.

Dinner was a choice of lamb shanks or avocado chicken and there were two desserts, which I couldn't have because they weren't GF, but I was given 4 meringue mushrooms with ice cream, which were delicious!

The night was loud and confusing but fun and interesting. I, nor anyone at my table, had any idea who the murderer was. I don't think anybody in the room guessed it correctly.

Now that I know how it works, I think I'd like to attend another one, just to see if my theory gets me closer to figuring it out.

Anyway it's well after midnight, so I think I need to go to bed. Just thought I'd pop in here and give you a report on the evening. I shared a bottle of wine with Lady Lynn, so I'm completely sober at the end of the night!

Nite all.

No comments: