Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 16, 2015

False Pretences

People who we consider to be 'Australian'

Nicole Kidman .. actually born in Honolulu, Hawaii
Olivia Newton John .. actually born in United Kingdom
Mel Gibson .. born in New York, United States
Guy Pearce .. born in United Kingdom
Sam Worthington .. born in United Kingdom
Naomi Watts .. born in United Kingdom
Hugo Weaving .. born in Nigeria
Isla Fisher .. born in Muscat, Oman

There are very few 'apparently' famous Australians, actually born in Australia ..

Chris, Liam and Luke Hemsworth .. born in Melbourne
Hugh Jackman .. born in Sydney
Cate Blanchett .. born in Melbourne
Geoffrey Rush .. born in Toowoomba
Heath Ledger .. born in Perth
Eric Banner .. Melbourne
Simon Baker .. Launceston
Rose Byrne .. Sydney
Toni Colette .. Blacktown
Melissa George .. Perth

We really do claim a lot of 'unAustralians' as our own!

I won a chicken tray in a raffle tonight and took some money out of the pokies, but not enough to brag about.

There weren't many of us at the club tonight .. very quiet. Adoring Husband arrived quite late in the evening after his important SES meeting. He has a big SES weekend ahead of him too.

It's not even 9.30pm yet and I am feeling very very tired, so I might just head off to bed and see if I can fall asleep early. .. I may even wake up with enough energy and motivation to clean the house!

That's about all I have the energy to share tonight, so I hope your weekend is amazing and I hope I have something interesting to share beyond the weekend.

Nite al.



No comments: