Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 23, 2016

Catching Up

Tomorrow, we are catching up with 'Best Cousin in the World',  her husband 'The Cattleman', and my niece 'Rainbow Dory'. I'm sure that I've mentioned my niece before, but under a different name ... only I can't remember the name I gave her, so I have renamed her 'Rainbow Dory' (she does a great impersonation of Dory impersonating a whale!).

I've probably mentioned 'The Cattleman' under a different name as well, but you know, as we go through life, things change, so my nicknames for you will change too!

We've agreed to meet for lunch at one of the nicer pubs in town - Adoring Husband's idea, so I can blame him if the food is bad.

Even if the food is bad, the view will be great and that should make up for it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. It's been a couple of years since we caught up.

This morning, I had coffee with 'The Whinging Pom' and 'Fit as a Fiddle'. We had deep discussions about the deficiencies of the medical profession.

This afternoon, AH and I went for a bike ride. We checked out the progress of the new boat ramp, road along the path beside the river, did a loop of some more established streets in town and then stopped for take-away coffee before heading back home.

I came home and grabbed my camera, because it really looked like a beautiful sunset developing, but as usually happens here, a bank of dark cloud covered the sky in exactly the position where the sun was setting and muffled everything that could have been.

It was a fail.

I returned home to cook dinner and was excited to watch 'House Rules' and 'The Voice' and 'Seven Year Switch Reunion', however, Foxtel was playing up tonight and it froze halfway through House Rules, it failed to record The Voice and it froze for the first twenty minutes of Seven Year Switch. Very frustrating!

I'm excited that 'Alice Through The Looking Glass' begins in cinemas this week. Not sure how or when I'm going to get to see it, but I certainly plan on seeing it on the big screen. Might try for a date with AH on Thursday.

Once again, it's almost midnight!

Nite all.



No comments: