Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 27, 2016

Friday Frenzy

Well, what a quiet night at the club it was tonight! Only three of us, from our group, in attendance and we all won something in the raffles! Thank you Leggy Blonde for pressing the button which brought my number up to win a leg of lamb!

I had a lucky night on the pokies and I haven't checked my keno ticket, so I could be a winner there too!

Our group keno ticket had won $9 from last week, so I replayed that which only won $1, so I added our $16 and replayed it 17 games (for all of our ladies who weren't there this week and wondered if we were millionaires yet). We could be millionaires by the time we check the ticket next week!

I had a terrible night last night. I was in bed by 8.30pm and asleep before 9.30pm. Adoring Husband came home from SES training at some stage and woke me up because I guess he was worried that I was in bed asleep already (I'm ALWAYS up waiting for him, no matter what time he arrives home).

Then he was carrying on like a pork chop because he'd lost his glasses.

I went back to sleep and was woken by the dogs at 1.05am because they needed to go out to pee, so I got up and took them outside.

At 1.45am, Jack decided he needed to go out again, so up I got.

At 2.30am, I was still awake and both Jack and Ruby decided it was time for the third trip outside, except they both just stood at the back door and looked outside. Ruby had a drink and they both came back to bed.

At 3.20am, I had actually dozed off to sleep when Jack woke me again!  I took him outside. Ruby stayed in bed. Jack actually went out to the yard this time.

At 3.45am, I was still wide awake and unable to fall back to sleep, so I decided to sit in the lounge room for a while. There was nothing on TV, so I checked Facebook (as you do) until I felt like I could go back to sleep some time after 4.30am.

Just as I was dozing off (at about 5am), Adoring Husband's alarm went off, for him to get up for work! Ugh!

Finally when I was in a sound sleep, Adoring Husband returned from work (I'm guessing it was about 5.40am) and set the dogs off barking and woke me up yet again.

I was attempting to sleep, but I could hear voices and music, which I assumed was AH watching television in the lounge room, but figured out it was the builders across the road, playing their radio really loud.

I gave up at 7.45am and climbed out of bed to start my day, feeling very cheated and very cranky, and threatening to take the dogs to the vet!

The Nikonian shared this on FB today and I was amazed by these beautiful voices. I knew you would love it too.



Right now, I'm watching my football team lose to the Wests Tigers. There is still 12 minutes left in the game, so I haven't lost all hope, but I know that Number One Son will be sitting on the edge of his seat down in Wagga, hoping that his team beats my team!

I expect that I will be in bed in about 15 minutes attempting to catch up on last night's lost sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: