Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Date Day

'Alice Through The Looking Glass' was a great movie .. but I think it needs to be seen on the big screen to appreciate all the affects, the colour, and the magnificence of it.


There was only one other person in the cinema to share the experience .. an elderly lady with a walking frame, so it was almost a private viewing!

Adoring Husband slept through a good portion of it! It didn't 'grab' him apparently.

After the movie, we lunched at Kondari (3rd time in three weeks for me!) and we both had the pork belly. Two big sections of pork belly each. Soft tender meat topped with crunchy tasty pork crackle on a bed of slaw and swirls of chilli plum dressing. Adoring Husband filled his side plate with vegetables and I filled mine with mixed salads. Again, I couldn't finish my meal.

Later, we grocery shopped, bought some replacement fresh yellow flowers for my desk vase, picked up the FROG box of goodies and arrived home a little after 3pm.

Because we had such a big lunch, I didn't have to worry about cooking before AH left for SES training. If he's feeling peckish when he gets home, he can have some of last night's leftovers.

Yesterday was the 11th anniversary of Mum's passing. The day was not a sad one for me but I just wanted to acknowledge it. I've mentioned before that because she passed away at the end of the first State of Origin game in 2005, and she loved State of Origin so much, I always feel more emotional about her passing, at the end of that first game every year. The game will be on 1st June.


It's not even 8.30pm and I am going to bed to enjoy some silence and some reading until AH returns home.

Nite all.

No comments: