Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Not So Super Saturday

What I dislike about State of Origin time, is that there are less games of regular footy on TV over the weekends.

This week, instead of one game on Thursday night, one on Friday night, three on Saturday, two on Sunday and then one on Monday .. we only get one game each day from Friday to Monday.

I'm pretty sure that everyone in Australia, who dislikes sport, probably enjoys this time of year, which proves that 'you can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can please some of the people some of the time'.

Sadly, my team lost last night by one point. I'm not feeling confident about my choice for tonight's game between St George Dragons and QLD Cowboys either. It's been a 50-50 decision by all the tippers in our club tipping competition, so I guess the game could go either way.

This was my delicious breakfast this morning ...


A whole punnet of fresh raspberries (very sweet) with plain coconut yoghurt, macadamia nuts, pecans, shredded dark organic chocolate, and drizzled with raw honey.

I cooked up last night's winnings for lunch (leg of lamb).

Adoring Husband and I watched a couple of movies today. 'Trainwreck', 'The Ugly Truth' and 'Fried Green Tomatoes' (always a goodie).

Now we are all set to watch the footy!

So it's been a while since I've shared some quotes and memes...






Nite all.

No comments: