Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Lovely Lunch

It was a great day with the ladies today, but numbers were down. There were some away on holidays, or with sick husbands, or themselves ill. We usually have more than twenty in attendance, but today there was only about eleven or twelve. It was still a cozy number and we had a good time.

The food was especially nice, with a wide variety to choose from the menu, good sized meals at reasonable prices, and they also had a good selection of salads and vegetables to choose from at the 'serve yourself' bar, which is included with every meal ordered.

This is the second time that I've eaten at Kondari, and both times, I was unable to finish everything on my plate.

We have a big day planned for tomorrow, including going to the movies for the first and early showing of Alice Through the Looking Glass. I'm excited!

I'm also excited about 'Finding Dory' which is released next month!



I got my hair cut a week ago and she cut about 15cm off the bottom, which was much more than I asked for, however, it needed a good healthy chop and of course it will grow quickly - it always does.


How unusual for me to be signing off before 9.30pm! I think I may head off to bed to read for a while!

Nite all.

No comments: