Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 29, 2017

A Working Sunday

Another productive day for me in the website wilderness of my workspace.

I completed my first Recipe post, which took a good few hours, and the only one left to complete now is for the Art and Craft page.

There are still three photos in my shop that are giving me grief and it will take some time to figure that out, but I also have to do some alterations to the shop because there are a couple of things bugging me about it.

Anyway, I got enough done today, that I was able to knock up a quick and nourishing dinner of chicken spaghetti bolognese sauce with zucchini noodles and be sitting comfortably ready to watch Federer play Nadal in the Final of the Australian Open Tennis Championships.

What a fabulous match it was! They are both such gentlemen on the court and the crowd was electric! Especially in the fifth and final set when Roger Federer found something extra and won quite convincingly.

I felt very emotional on his behalf!

And then I found this ...

Roger and Rafa

A well earned and well deserved win. Go Roger!!

I only have three days left to get myself organised for a very full and busy February! I must make a 'to do' list!

But not right now, because it's after 11pm and I need some sleep!

Have a wonderful Monday!

Nite all.



No comments: