Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Inspiring

Today has been the most amazing and inspiring day.

I have spent the last two days, with 150 other women,  on 'The Journey' with Brandon Bays. Tomorrow is the last day of this retreat/workshop. It has been everything and more than I ever expected and I feel lighter and freer than at any time of my life.

I have shed so many tears - I didn't know there was so much salty wet stuff in me - and I've cleared issues that I didn't even realise were still issues, but quite obviously have been weighing heavily in my heart for a long time.

I've met and talked with women who have stories that would blow your mind. How does anyone survive some of these life experiences and come out the other side intact? How does someone find the courage to trust and love again after that kind of hell? Where do these women find the strength to move forward and create any kind of life, let alone a happy one?

Everybody has a story. Just when you think you've heard the worst, somebody else comes forward with a story that moves you to your very core.

Today, I felt overwhelmed with love. Women from every background, from all walks of life and all age groups, holding my hands and looking deep into my eyes and making me feel like I was the most important person on the planet. I've had tears literally streaming from my eyes and dripping off my cheeks as if a tap had been turned on.

Overwhelming and honest. Intimidating and challenging. Shocking and unexpected. Inspiring and heartwarming.

People who have had an easy life are never drawn to these kinds of events and gatherings, so naturally the room will be full of people who have experienced difficulties, traumas, dramas, tragedies and circumstances that you couldn't even conjure if you were writing a horror story.

But these are the people with the most love to give and who forgive with their whole heart. These are the people who empathise, who don't judge you, who accept you completely.

I am so glad that I decided to do this.

It has taken me so far out of my comfort zone and forced emotions to the surface that have been held down with a tight lid for decades.

I am exhausted.

Tomorrow is the final day and even though I'm looking forward to what it will bring, I will also be sad to say goodbye to some of these girls and women. Women from all over the world and all over Australia.

They are all amazing and beautiful and strong and heroic.

Now I need to sleep.

Namaste.

Nite all.

No comments: