Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Sydney! We are in you!

Well, after a hectic start to the day, we made it to the airport in The Bay with plenty of time to spare and we relaxed in the cafe enjoying some beverages before the flight.

Adoring Husband stayed with us until it was time to board our aircraft and then we were on our way!

The trip went so quickly!

The plane was only half full, which meant that we had a spare seat and we could spread out. We had iPads and magazines and food and cups of tea all over the place.

I had downloaded the Virgin entertainment app and watched an educational dvd with tips for writing blogs for websites and online readers. At the same time The Motivator went through her iPad finding all of her information for swimming pools to share with me.

Before we knew it, we were clearing everything away and preparing for our landing.

We had been warned that the winds at the airport were gusting at 40kph and that there was low level cloud, which meant it would be a bumpy old landing, but it wasn't half as bad as I expected.

It was a smooth departure from Sydney Airport. We stopped at the loo on the way to pick up our luggage, and by the time we got to the pickup point, our luggage was right there waiting for us on the conveyor belt.

We found our shuttle bus driver quickly and before we knew it, we were on our way through the dreadful Sydney traffic heading towards Mosman.

We travelled through tunnels and over the Sydney Harbour Bridge. So much traffic. So much noise. So fast. So dirty. Ugh.


The house that we are staying in is on a very busy main road, but you can't hear the traffic from inside. It's an old place that has been beautifully renovated. Very comfortable and almost feels like home!

We relaxed for a while on the big comfy couch before deciding to go buy some groceries.

What a FABULOUS market place we found, with so much organic goodness! There was grass fed beef, pasture raised chicken and pork, gluten free everything and the range of fresh fruit and vegetables was amazing ... even plantains, which I haven't found anywhere near where we live or the Sunshine Coast!

There were all kinds of exotic fruit and vegetables. An amazing selection of cheeses, kimchis, kombuchas and coconut yoghurts. A huge range of dips and pates and pestos.

I don't know how long we were in there, but we lost each other a couple of times. It was pure heaven!

From there we headed to the 'bottlo' where we stocked up on some alcoholic beverages.

We drove to Manly, where we stopped and played on the seesaw in the park, then walked along the path that runs parallel to the beach. Manly looks very different to how I remember it 30 years ago!







We then went to look at Balmoral. I do like Balmoral very much!




We didn't get home until about 7.30pm and by the time we sat down to dinner, which was pork steaks, salad and kimchi, it was 8.30pm!!

NOW, it's almost 1am! We have a big day tomorrow, so I'd best get some sleep!

Nite all.

No comments: