Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 2, 2017

It's Time!

This will be a very short post!

It's almost midnight and I have just about completed my 'to do' list, before departing tomorrow for twelve days.

My brain feels a little mushy, because my 'to do' list wasn't very comprehensive and I keep remembering other things that need doing!

I saw my boys this morning so that I could say goodbye. I probably won't see them again until the end of the month.

I popped in to see The Motivator so that we could discuss our itinerary, the upcoming 'Journey' weekend and to make sure that we remembered everything that we needed to bring, including the right number of outfits!

This will be our first trip away together since our friendship blossomed and we are really excited about what this couple of weeks will hold for us.

From there, I rushed home and got my suitcase out so that I could begin packing. I didn't get very far, before it was time to get ready to go into The Bay.

We had to meet Best Cousin in the World to deliver her LeReve products, and we shared a nice easy lunch at the Sticky Fig Cafe.

I was very excited to see that the shoe shop next door was having a closing down sale, so of course, a new pair of shoes was in order! Yay me!

Adoring Husband dropped me off at Stocklands and while he was enduring a procedure on two BCCs, I pampered myself and had a pedicure and manicure. I was a bit disappointed in my pedicure because the girl wasn't very good at massaging my feet and legs. (It was the salon next to K-Mart)

I will go to the other salon next time because I know that they are excellent - not as friendly or chatty, but so much better at the actual pedicure.

We returned home and I did a little more packing before making a quick dinner and then getting ready to go out to the monthly Trivia night at the club.

We picked up the Blonde Bombshell and met the lovely snorting Tweedle Dee and her husband The Garden Guru for a night of fun and frivolity.

Our night was fun and frivolous and but totally pathetic as far as the trivia goes! We came seventh out of nine teams this week. It seems we slip further and further down the ladder every month! Ah well, that's life. Adoring Husband announced that he is going to get BGWLBH (for my new readers, that stands for Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair, who is my BFF and lives in NSW) to fly up next month, because she will be the answer to all of our trivial problems!! Good luck with that darling :)

Anyway, I have almost finished packing and have made a list of everything I need to add tomorrow morning.

Now it's sleep time.

Nite all.


No comments: