Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Brave and Bold

I have been unhappy with my local hairdresser for some time.

She had me so uninspired that I made the decision to grow my hair out to it's natural colour, however,  my natural shade of grey is equally uninspiring.

So I asked around my friends to find out who their hairdressers were and even though I seriously considered them all, I decided that I would find my own hairdresser.

Today, we had to go into The Bay to pick up my six tubs of chocolate chip coconut ice cream (that is NOT a typo) and while we were there, I walked into a nearby hairdressing salon to make an appointment for Wednesday. The woman who served me, who seemed to be about my age and very bohemian, offered me an appointment for right then and there!

I conferred with Adoring Husband who was waiting in the car. He decided to do a Bunnings run and some other errands and I told him I'd be about 2 hours.

I returned to Bohemian Mama and accepted her offer, sat down in the chair and began a twenty minute discussion about what I wanted.

What did I want? No freaking idea. *rolls eyes*

I didn't want to be a 56 year old trying to be 20 and I didn't want to look like an elderly woman. I want to be fairer at the front than at the back, more sun kissed than bleached and as natural as possible.

She showed me some pics in a hair style catalogue and I pointed to a couple that I liked.

Then I sat down and we chatted while she got to work.

We had a LOT in common, even with some of my 'out of the box' beliefs, so our discussions were interesting and in depth with both of us looking wide eyed at various times.

The first ninety minutes went very quickly and I still wasn't even close to finished! Adoring Husband came in and said he would wait in the car.

Thirty minutes later, he came in again and asked how long. Bohemian Mama said "About half an hour".

Half an hour later, I was frantically looking at my watch, realising that she still wasn't near finished and had to politely ask her to move it along!

Another thirty minutes passed and Adoring Husband came inside and took a seat to wait, while she finished blow drying my hair.

$227 later ...

The most I have ever spent on my hair, was $140. My favourite hairdresser in Griffith only charges me $90 and he does a better job than anybody.

I have to say that I do like my hair. It looks much better than before my appointment, but not quite as good as my imagination had pictured it. Bohemian Mama did a good job and next time, with a couple of tweaks, she will do better. I just need to earn enough through my website to cover my hair expenses!!

Sorry I don't have a pic to show you.

I have a scary infected right eye at the moment, which would not be pretty in a photo. I bought myself some colloidal silver gel this morning and I've used it twice during the day. It soothed the savage beast immediately and I hope that it will heal quickly from here.

We had lunch at the Golf Club prior to my hair appointment, which was very pleasant and air conditioned and delicious.

Tomorrow will involve some more pampering when I plan to have both a pedicure and a manicure, while Adoring Husband endures some unpleasantness having a BCC removed from his neck.

I know, right? There's always something!

For now, it's almost 10.30pm, it's been a big day and I need some sleep in preparation for another big day tomorrow!

So, nite all.

No comments: