Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Final Frenzy

We are having our final frenzy of fun with the kids before they return to Sydney.

I took today off work and we (the girls) drove into town to do some shopping, repair some glasses, return a faulty purchase, sit and eat breakfast and go to the movies.

While we did the first four things on that list, time got away from us and we missed the movie!

It was a very enjoyable day together and we arrived home in time to decorate the front yard, dress up in our wedding dresses, put on our Halloween make up, fill the scary bowl with lollies, make the Margaritas, arrange the outdoor chairs and we were sitting outside awaiting the first trick or treaters.









Our neighbour from across the road also joined us and she was dressed up too, bringing with her, a big bowl of lollies to offer the kids.

We had about three rounds of kids. The early birds who arrived before 5.30pm. The middle group who arrived around 6pm and then the late comers who arrived after the sun set.

It was a bit of fun and some of the kids were a bit surprised by our outfits, some even hesitant to come forward for lollies!

We had a rustic barbecue dinner and then played pub trivia ... I'm a winner, winner, chicken dinner!!

Now it's 10pm and I'm off to bed. Feeling worn out after two Margaritas and a naughty lollypop!

Nite all.

No comments: