Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Weekend End

Here it is... 11pm on Sunday night.

I have a couple of photos to share from Adoring Husband's party, but once again, I don't have time to give a detailed description of the party tonight. I promise that I will, at some stage, tell you all about it.

I will attempt to find the time to edit a few photos each day and share them here, but I'm just not going to get the time to do it all in one hit.

So here are a couple of photos...







I had a very early night last night and was in bed by 9pm and asleep very soon after that. Adoring Husband was kind enough to wake me at 6.30am on my Sunday morning sleep in, by noisily placing my coffee on the bedside table.

He woke me from a very angry dream which made my day begin on a bad note.

BGWLBH, Knight in Shining Armour, Bubbles and I attended the Village Voices Celtic Concert in the local hall this morning.

It lasted for about two hours and was quite entertaining, although Knight in Shining Armour declared that he now knows that this type of entertainment is not his cup of tea and he wouldn't attend another!

BGWLBH sang along with most of the songs and clapped very loudly at the end of each set. She had a lovely time!

Afterwards we all got coffee from my favourite coffee haunt and sat outside while we drank it.

We returned home for some quick nosh up lunch and then played some board games until 3pm when Adoring Husband and I walked to our rear neighbour's house to have a drink for AH's birthday. Unfortunately, they were called away at the last minute to attend a sick relative, so they couldn't come to the party last weekend as planned.

It was a pleasant way to spend 2 hours and we had some good giggles.

It was an easy barbecue dinner with some baked potatoes and salad and then another game of Trivial Pursuit, which BGWLBH, Bubbles and I won as a team.

They all have a big day planned for the movies tomorrow while I'm at work. I hope to have Wednesday off work to spend some time with the kids before they return home to Sydney.

Right now I need to get some sleep. I don't want to start the working week sleep deprived. I hate that!

Nite all.

No comments: