Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Living Life

As I was informed this evening ... my life is completely full!

There simply has not been time for blogging.

I think I've watched about 2 hours of TV in the last 8 days and that was to catch up with The Bachelorette which I had recorded.

Every afternoon and evening is full of cooking and laughing and trivia and games and planning and catching up.

It's both exhausting and exhilarating at the same time.

Meanwhile, the shop is powering on and we have a steady flow of new customers on a daily basis. I took delivery of a huge box of new snap jewellery yesterday and it literally took me all day to cross check it and then rearrange stock so that it could all fit in the display cabinets and in the storage drawers.

We are still receiving lots of positive feedback and great support from the town locals, including other business owners.

We've introduced a 'sale table' which has brought great delight to a few customers ... the ones who returned to the shop to buy that purse they admired last week ... and discovered it on the 'sale table'!


We've also introduced a monthly draw. When customers agree to have their photo taken and then allow us to post that photo on our Facebook page, they go into the draw for a $20 voucher for The Happy Abode.

A lovely elderly gentleman won the first draw for October.

The numbers in our Facebook page are slowly increasing, which is also good to see.

We've had some pretty lousy weather which has caused our river to become an ugly brown colour and this is how it looked yesterday...




Strong gusty winds so bad that I really struggled against a head wind while pedalling to work. I almost hopped off the trike and wheeled it!

Later ...

I just had a call from my sister Squirt.

So much for my early night and writing a lengthy blog post ... a 2.5 hour phone call certainly put an end to that! It's now heading towards 1am and I am, once again, exhausted.

Nite all.

No comments: