Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 2, 2017

All Done

Tomorrow morning will be 'farewell' time as the kids head off to the airport to return to Sydney.

It's been a nice relaxing time, with lots of game time and a few fun outings, but mostly just being together.

The Motivator very generously allowed me to take extra time off, even though I'll be away for 6 weeks soon. She's a good egg.

This morning, we left early to attend the Maryborough markets. It wasn't as good as I remembered, but I got some Himalayan salt and some fresh fruit and veg while we were there.

I wasn't feeling the best, so our plan for ten pin bowling was set aside and we drove to The Bay to eat some food. Aquavue was our choice of cafes and I had GF pancakes with banana, bacon and maple syrup, which was quite tasty, though the pancakes were not as soft and fluffy as I'd hoped.

We did some grocery shopping at Go Natural, ran some errands for the shop and we were home by lunch time.

I still wasn't feeling very good, so I lay down for a while ... which turned into a 3 hour nap! The entire afternoon completely gone, but I felt so much better when I woke.

We decided on an easy dinner of fish and chips, but our idea of eating at the park was soon changed because of the strong winds near the waterfront. Instead, we brought it home and ate at our table.

Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour formed a team against Adoring Husband and I for Trivial Pursuit and they pipped us at the post! Good game :)

That's it for our day.

It's almost midnight and I have to work tomorrow, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.



No comments: