Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 3, 2017

Busy Business

We had a busy day in the shop with lots of customers and steady sales.

Most of those customers agreed to have their photo taken for our Facebook page to go into our draw for a $20 gift voucher, but it's surprising the number of people who HATE having their photo taken and simply refuse on that basis. Some people do not want to be seen on Facebook under any circumstances. Some people are only in town for a brief visit and don't plan on returning, so they decline our offer.

Some people don't want to photograph their face, but are happy to photograph their hands holding their purchase ... strange, but true.

BGWLBH and I went to the club tonight without Adoring Husband.

One of our psychotic dogs ... Colli ... had a seizure today. This was a first and in the presence of BGWLBH who took good care of her during the ordeal. BGWLBH and AH took Colli to the vet in Childers to have her checked out and everything seems to be ok.

The vet wondered if Colli had been bitten by a snake, but we doubt that.

We hope to have the results of the different tests soon and will continue to hope for the best.

Needless to say, BGWLBH was in need of a drink by club time!

I have an early start tomorrow so that The Motivator and I can attend Howard markets early to check out our snap button jewellery competition. Some of our customers have told us about this stall, so we are going for a look. It needs to be an early start so that we can be back in time to open the shop at 9am.

As it's rapidly approaching 11.30pm, I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: