Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 30, 2017

Mondayitis

It was a great day today.

One lady entered our shop to make some serious enquiries about our treatment room and how we were going to use it and promote it.

Other than that, not a single person entered our doors all day.

That's another first!

Three other shops in the shopping complex nearby remain closed, so we are wondering whether that is keeping people away.

JATOE is now closed permanently until sold, Jenny's Craft shop is closed until Wednesday and 'A Taste of Burrum' is closed until Thursday.

It gave The Motivator and I a good chance to catch up on all our news, both personal and business, so  we thoroughly enjoyed that.

This evening, I have edited a few more photos ...













... and I hope to have tomorrow off work, instead of Wednesday, to go to the movies with Bubbles and BGWLBH and spend some time with them before Bubbles leaves on Friday.

This afternoon, BGWLBH and I walked and rode to the beach, while Adoring Husband, Knight in Shining Armour and Bubbles drove and met us there so we could walk along the beach.

The tide was high and the wind was strong and the beach was short! So we walked as far as we could and then returned home. I had two chickens in the oven and did roasted veggies and gravy to have with them. It was quite a delicious meal.

Afterwards, we played pub trivia. The boys beat BGWLBH and I by 3 rounds to 2, however, when adding up all the points for the rounds, we defeated them by 6 points. Haha.

They had been into The Bay today to see the movie "Geostorm" which they all left feeling totally disappointed with. I hope tomorrow does not see a repeat of that feeling!

It's now fast approaching 10.30am so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: