Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Humpety Hump Day

The Motivator and I decided to take half a day each today.

While we both arrived early for meditation, TM wasn't well enough to sit in for the class, but I enjoyed the message that was being shared today, along with the other eight participants who were open to sharing part of their stories within the group.

I was booked in for the 9am appointment with The Gypsy and I must have been holding on to a lot of stuff because my mid section and my back were really tight and she had to work hard to loosen it all up.

By the time she finished, I felt like I'd been hit by a bus, but she gave me some good advice to release my 'stuff' and free up the tension in my body.

I had to pedal home from there and didn't have to be at work again until midday, so I sat in the pool area for a while before deciding to plunge in fully clothed. That was my moment of release and the 'hit by a truck' feeling immediately disappeared. I released all the 'stuff' and trusted that the universe has my back.

What a difference.

I arrived at work right on midday, just in time for TM to attend her appointment with The Gypsy, which she obviously needed too.

On good advice, she left for home immediately and I spent a very quiet 2 hours in the shop. Only one gentleman came through the doors during the afternoon ... an elderly local man who saw our sign and decided to check us out.

He didn't purchase anything but said he would be back some time and he promised to tell his friends and neighbours that we were there.

That's all we can ask.

I closed The Happy Abode right on 3pm, bought some chicken from the butcher for dinner, bought some fresh vegetables and ordered Adoring Husband's and my coffee just as he walked through the shop door.

He took the groceries and I pedalled home.

I cooked up an early roast dinner and now I sit here listening to the rain as it falls steadily on our tin roof. Time for bed - what a nice way to fall asleep.

Nite all.

No comments: