Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 24, 2019

Feeling the Serenity

The perfect Sunday.

I woke up at 8.30am and stayed in bed until 9.30am.

I got up and changed into my bathers, then made myself some GF pancakes with banana, bacon and maple syrup. I reheated my coffee that I'd purchased yesterday - for exactly this purpose - then dragged it all outside to the Bali Hut where I sat at the bar table ...


... and enjoyed my breakfast while listening to Bryan Adams on the sound bar.

Afterwards, I took my dirty dishes inside the house and then returned for a swim in the pool.

After an hour in the water, I set myself up on the lounge in the Bali hut and listened to my audio book, watched some videos by an old online course teacher of mine, wrote in my gratitude journal and watched a video teaching me how to create my own meditation video. Something I'll try one day soon.

I cooked up some chicken wings for a late lunch but only ate two of them. They can wait until tomorrow for lunch.


I had another swim while listening to meditation music and practiced some pretend Tai Chi in the water. A little after 5pm I cleared all my paraphernalia from the lounge and moved inside the house.

While hanging out some washing, I heard a voice calling my name and discovered The Motivator at my back door. She was running late for the afternoon swim that we'd discussed earlier, so I sat under the Bali Hut chatting with her while she spent thirty minutes or so enjoying the water and cooling her core.

After she left, I hung out some more washing and put another load in.

I made myself comfortable to watch Married at First Sight but looked forward to my bed time.

It's very tiring work not doing anything all day!

That's my sign ... I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: