Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 25, 2019

I Just Need to Know

I googled "What do women over 50 want?"

These were the top responses that I could choose from ...

  • "I asked a bunch of women over 50 about their sex lives"
  • The fascinating truth about women & sex over 50
  • What older women want in bed
  • The top 5 sexual concerns of women over 50
  • The truth about sex after 50
  • Are 50 year old women sexually active?
  • Sex at 50+ What's normal?
  • Dating over 50
  • Best female bodies over 50
So now I'm wondering whether google believes that women over 50 have a brain!

  • Have women over 50 discovered their own philosophy on life?
  • Do they want to make up for lost time?
  • Are they more health conscious than ever before?
  • Are they interested in furthering their education?
  • Are they searching for a new career?
  • Do they dream of starting their own business?
  • Is travel a priority?
  • Do they want to let loose their artistic creativity?
  • Do they want to nurture new friendships?
  • Are they keen to learn a different language?
  • How about learning to play a musical instrument?
  • Would joining a drama group interest them?
  • Are singing lessons an option?
  • Have they always wanted to play a sport like golf or tennis?
  • Are they drawn to getting involved with community groups?
  • What about volunteering?
  • Is a lifestyle change on the cards?
So many questions! How do I find the answers? Do I need to create a questionnaire and pass it round to everyone I know? Do I post it onto all of the Facebook pages and hope for a good response?

This all has to do with a Challenge/Program that I'm going to create for women over 50. I hope to provide it on-line and hopefully create a workshop for a face to face challenge as well.

I just need to know what women want!! I think there is a movie in that!

I had the day at home but started by working for Adoring Husband early. I rode down to get my coffee and then visited the boys at the Seat of Knowledge. I haven't seen them for a couple of months, so it was a nice visit.

I took my camera bag with me and the tide was turning so the water was perfectly still the boats all reflected in the water beautifully. I got my camera out and attempted to take a pic ... until the camera gave me a message that there was no card in it. Ugh. I forgot to put the card back the last time I edited some photos.

So out came my my phone for this ...



I returned home at 9am, cleaned the kitchen, did some washing and then gathered my journals and devices to head out to the pool area.



A perfectly beautiful day. Listening to meditation music all day ... which makes the area really feel like a resort or a retreat. I had a couple of swims during the day and lay on the lounge reading, writing, adding more to my gratitude journal, meditating, creating my blog post and outlining the challenge that I'm working on.

I packed up at about 4.30pm, hung some clothes on the line, put another load in the machine and took a phone call from AH telling me that he was just going through Tiaro! I knew he would come straight home today.

I prepared some rice paper rolls for dinner and just as I was finishing, he pulled in the driveway.

The psychotic dogs are so deaf, they didn't even hear him pull in so there was no barking to greet him.

I think it's time for bed. I actually have work tomorrow! It's been fabulous to have this time off and I have used it to my best advantage. I feel refreshed and rejuvenated ... just as if I'd been on a retreat! 😁

Nite all.

No comments: