Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 10, 2019

Busy Business

My day did not start out as planned.

I went to bed early last night, I slept soundly all night for probably 7 hours and when my alarm went off at 6am I hit the snooze button twice before turning it off.

The trouble was that after I turned it off, I fell back into a deep sleep!

It was 7.39am when I woke. That meant I had slept for almost 9 hours! Unheard of!

So my intention of getting to work early so that I could unpack some stock that had arrived on Thursday before I opened the doors for business, did not come to fruition.

I was so stressed and panicked that I'd woken so late that I forced myself to stay in bed to do a ten minute relaxation meditation so that I could start the day with some control.

Thankfully, Adoring Husband drove, dropped me off to get my morning coffee and then opened the shop for me while I collected the mail. Two more deliveries of stock were waiting to be picked up so that meant I now had three lots of stock to mark off, price and display.

My stress levels rose slightly.

Fifteen minutes later a supplier arrived with some more stock and to discuss how we would do business with her in the future. I phoned The Motivator to come in for the meeting too, which was lucky because customers needed to be served so she took over with the supplier while I served.

After the supplier left, TM and I spent some time trying on the beautiful linen clothes that had arrived. TM spent up a storm and I must say we enjoyed modelling and mixing and matching the different items.

I finally kicked TM out the door at about 12.30pm (on her day off mind you) and between a steady flow of customers, Adoring Husband and I rearranged some of the display stands in the shop and I priced some stock and displayed it.

We gave up after 3pm, which was when the last customer walked out and it was almost 3.30pm when we arrived home.

TM and I had an art date in The Bay and we had to leave at 5pm. I hadn't had lunch and needed to shower and wash my hair, so there was a lot to do in a short period of time.

We attended a 'Shiny Happy Art' class which was being run by a lady from Toowoomba and her speciality is water colours which TM and I have minimal experience with.

It was a great class and we enjoyed it very much. There were nine of us.


Anna was the teacher and was very good. She was passionate and confident and gave us lots of information.


It went for 3 hours so we didn't arrive home until almost 10pm. Now it's almost 11.30pm and I need sleep because tomorrow I'm DEFINITELY leaving early for work. TM has a PaintnCreate workshop and there is much to do before it starts.

Nite all.  

No comments: