Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Time Please?

Where does the time go?

My days off just seem to speed past with little to show for them ... although today wasn't that bad as far as productivity goes.

I did some more study and research in bed this morning and while doing so, I missed a phone call telling me that our IKEA packages had arrived, so Adoring Husband gave them a call and headed into Dundowran to pick it all up.

With a few long interruptions, it took AH almost all day to put this together ...


I helped put one nut/bolt into one table and then announced that I helped AH put it all together!

This one is so much nicer than the crappy old grey aluminium framed, glass topped monstrosity that we had before. It's three tall bar tables bumped up against each other so they can be moved to the pool area separately, if necessary.

It also matches perfectly to the timber panelled walls that AH designed and built in this outdoor area.

While he was putting this together, I was putting this together ...




I love the colours and the delicious cells that came up in the paint.

I made myself presentable and AH dropped me off at the shop so that The Motivator and I could catch up and I could look at the changes that she has made so far.


The space looks so much bigger now! It really changes the flow of energy and feels good, but it also feels like we need more stock to fill up the gaps!

Still more changes to happen yet, but I'm confident that it will be fabulous when we're finished.

TM had already set up the training room in preparation for Saturday's workshop.

We discussed the next step in the changes to the display area and our office area.

AH pulled everything into the shop and closed for us, then pulled apart the clothes hanger to take home and loaded the car with some of my belongings that are no longer required in the shop.

It's all happening in The Happy Abode.

Tomorrow is a work day for me and tomorrow evening, TM and I are attending an Art Class in The Bay with Shiny Happy Art.

So I'm off to get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: